The First PAPTAC International Lignin Conference will take place in Edmonton, Alberta on September 18-20, 2018. In a site visit during the last day of the conference, attendees will have the opportunity to tour the first installation of the LignoForce SystemTM at the West Fraser, Hinton mill in Alberta, Canada.
The purpose of the First PAPTAC International Lignin Conference is to invite researchers, industry representatives, government officials and business executives to discuss recent progress in all aspects of lignin chemistry and utilization in several sessions, including:
- Lignin analysis and characterization methodology
- Lignin extraction from pulping liquors or other biomass processing operations
- Lignin process integration into pulp mill or other biomass processing operations
- Lignin depolymerization and/or modification
- Lignin applications and products